Friday 4 December 2009

Nostalgia

I believe I enjoyed videogames more when I was younger. I still enjoy videogames now but it used to be a fascination rather than a past time.

One thing I enjoy doing is looking at videos/pictures of games I used to play when I was younger. The surge of nostalgia is made of so much win.

Here are a few games that pump me up with good ol' nostalgia juices.

Nightbreed.

This game terrified me when I was younger. It looks a bit terrible now but the graveyard part got my hairs standing on end numerous times. Also I never even got past that part of the game, I probably closed the Amiga down before I sh@ myself. Monster zombie things with dreadlocks chasing you = very scary.



Chuck Rock

Rob reintroduced me to this goodness. I almost forgot it existed! I don't think I ever got past the first level though.



Road Rash

Recently remade (kind of) in The Lost & Damned DLC for GTA IV. This game was so awesome, bashing people off their bikes never got old.



Zool

The basis of my e-mail address and Gamertag. This game was hard, at least it was for me when I was about 10. Crammed full of win.



Syphon Filter

Tazing enemies untill they set alight never gets old! I still play this game to this day, it's so good. I remember getting the walkthrough book in a magazine before I even got the game and I took it to school everyday and read it whenever I could. I knew how to complete most of it without having to even put the disk in the tray!



Syndicate

I don't think I ever figured out how to play this game, but it was still awesome. It was games like this that got most of my attention because I didn't know how to play them! It wasn't how they actually played, it's how they could have played, had I known how to!



Flashback

This game makes my face orgasm. Just the intro video is enough to send me into a nostalgia coma. Yet another game I never completed but still adored. I was very easy to amuse.



Future Cop LAPD

I actually knew how to play this one! I only ever had the demo but I remember playing it on my brother's PS1 all the time.



Soldier of Fortune

This is Soldier of Fortune, not that "Payback" rubbish! It's worrying to think I played this when I was about 10, but it was such a blast! This is probably my favourite first person shooter of all time.



Share your nostalgic gaming moments with me!

No comments: